Monday, October 5, 2009
Product Pick of the Week - Energizing Soy Protein
By far, This has to be one of my favorite products. Why?
Consumers reported changing their eating habits due to specific health concerns. Among the greatest worries were heart health and dietary cholesterol intake.The major dietary concern (reported by almost half ofthose surveyed) was reducing fat.
Animal protein is a major contributor to the fat in the average American diet. Americans eat plenty of protein,but it is mostly from meat, eggs, and dairy sources, which are usually high in saturated fat and cholesterol.
In contrast, Energizing Soy Protein is high in protein, that is naturally low in fat, and naturally lactose and cholesterol free. It also provides all the amino acids,including the nine essential ones your body needs but cannot manufacture itself. Using the newest methods for assessing the quality of protein, soy protein that given the score of 1.0 — the highest rating possible and equal to that given animal proteins such as those from eggs and milk. Energizing Soy Protein products are also good sources of calcium and iron.
In addition, Energizing Soy Protein provides naturally occurring beneficial plant compounds that are being extensively studied. Soy contains isoflavones, especially genistein and daidzein. These are intriguing to researchers because they are phytoestrogens and maybe related to soy’s ability to regulate hormonal balanceand deliver long-term health benefits.
Some soy protein products are alcohol-processed, which removes isoflavones. Energizing Soy Protein is water washed to retain naturally occurring isoflavones such asgenistein and daidzein. Shaklee uses only non-genetically modified (GMO) soy protein certified through an Identity Preservation Program (IPP). This programassures that the soy we use is tightly monitored and controlled from planting and harvesting to processing.
Who Might Benefit from Energizing Soy Protein?
• 58 million people who are concerned about heart health
• People interested in reducing their intake of the typically high-fat, high-cholesterol animal sources of protein and supplementing their diet with a plant-based protein source that is naturally low in fat and lactose and cholesterol free
• Vegetarians or vegans looking for a high-quality protein source that contains no animal products
• People interested in the health benefits associated with consuming soy
• Anyone interested in supporting the body’s natural ability to ward off hunger and maintain energy for hours
•Helps build muscle, skin, and hormones
•Supports the immune system
•Retains normal cholesterol levels
•Promotes heart and prostate health.
•Contains soy isoflavones, which can help minimize hot flashes and promote breast health.
Why Choose Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein?
• 14 grams of protein per serving
• Uses only IPP-certified non-GMO soy protein
• Highest-rated protein quality
• Natural vegetarian protein source
• Naturally cholesterol free
• No saturated fat
• 1 gram of total fat per serving
• Naturally lactose free
• 50% of your daily needs for calcium
• All the amino acids, including the nine essential ones you must get from food
• Water-processed to retain naturally occuring isoflavones
such as genistein and daidzein
• Choice of Creamy Cocoa or Natural Vanilla flavors
• No artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, or preservatives
• Kosher certified
How to use:
Mix 3 tablespoons of Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein with a glass of milk, juice, water, or your favorite beverage. Optional: add fruit and blend.
To learn more, visit our site for Energizing Soy Protein