Saturday, July 11, 2009

Healthy Recipe Friday - Grilled Veggie Packets

Well, It's been some time since I have posted any recipes and figured I better jump in here today and post one haha..

Today for our dinner, we fixed veggie packets. Something we all love around here and super easy to make. There is no particular order in which to make them, we just put in what we love to eat.

What I do is cut up all kinds of vegetables. Everything from potatoes to squash, mushrooms, broccoli . Today for our packets I cut up new potatoes, patty pan squash, Japanese Eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, broccoli, fresh spinach, baby carrots, asparagus and for those who just had to have meat, we added some minute stakes.

I have all this laid out on plates or platters and everyone picks the veggies they want. We then use the super wide foil, lay our veggies out on that and then drizzle with olive oil and spices. Tightly close foil and place on hot grill for about 30 min.

In 30 minutes you have a complete meal all done and ohhhhhh so good! I also done some grilled Romain lettuce. Just cut them in half. Leave root on end to keep it together. I drizzle EVOO all over it, the little sea salt and spices and grill just long enough to get the charred marks on it. Just enough to get that grill flavor. Then I make my own EVOO dressing to pour over it.

I simply use olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs from the garden. I used Basil, Thyme, Oregano, minced garlic and dash of salt.. then whisk together and drizzle over lettuce.. you can also add a little Feta cheese. It's wonderful!

What's fun about this meal is everyone gets to throw in the veggies they like and this way your family is getting a healthy dose of veggies.

So next time you want an easy and fun meal... ask everyone what veggies they want and make some veggie packs.

Hope you enjoy,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment